During the 150 years of production, various brands were used at WMF. The well-known brand "Strauß" comes from the German word for ostrich "Der Strauss" after Daniel Straub, one of the founders. The G in the brand stands for the town of Geislingen an der Fils and near Ulm in Baden-Württemberg.
The designers included Hans Peter, Albert Meyer, Hermann Obrist, Albin Müller and Peter Behrens.
Pretty set of 6 art nouveau knife banks. Heraldic fleur-de-lis consisting of three stylised leaves were used to make trays for cutlery. Ostrich mark around 1905. No chips, age-related patina, collectible!
Dimensions & Details
- silver plated
- Length 11,7 cm each
In order to describe the offer, it may be necessary to use registered brand names, manufacturer names etc. Use trademarks. These are the property of their respective owners and are used only to describe the offer.